Thank you for your interest in our residency program. We begin interviews in the beginning of November. Below are the steps to apply.
This year, we are offering 2 categorical positions:
|*Categorical Program – Child Neurology||NRMP 1495185C||[5-year program]||2 positions|
*Joint match of 2 years peds at CHONY plus 3 years here in child neurology
Residents entering the Categorical Program-Child Neurology must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of at least four credit years and graduation from a medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Successful completion of USMLE Parts I, II and III (in recent years, applicants have generally scored above 95% on USMLE Part II)
- ECFMG certification is required for foreign medical graduates (for information, visit www.ECFMG.org)
- Acceptable U.S. visa for medical training (the Department of Neurology cannot sponsor applicants)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Only one application is needed for the categorical program; you will not need to apply to the preliminary pediatrics program separately.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). A link to the ERAS system can also be found on the NRMP website.
Each year, ERAS accepts applications beginning September 1. After your completed application is reviewed, you will be notified via e-mail regarding the need for an interview. Interviews are conducted by invitation only and will be scheduled from November through late January.
Invitations are sent via email. Once you receive an invitation to interview, please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule your interview date.
Questions regarding the program or application process should be directed to:
Administrative Director of Education
Department of Neurology
710 West 168th Street, Suite 1402
New York, New York 10032