Elise A. Caccappolo, PhD, ABPP-CN
- Associate Professor of Neuropsychology (in Neurology and the Taub Institute) at CUMC
- Director, Neuropsychology Service
Elise A. Caccappolo is the Director of the Neuropsychology Service and holds the title of Associate Professor of Neuropsychology. Dr. Caccappolo is a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology, with specialty certification in Clinical Neuropsychology. Her clinical activities include the evaluation and diagnosis of cognitive and emotional functioning across the lifespan. She specializes in the evaluation of adults and geriatrics with memory disorders, mild cognitive impairment, dementia, movement disorders, concussion, and psychiatric and medical illness, among other disorders. She also evaluates children and adolescents with developmental delays, learning disabilities, and attentional disorders.
Dr. Caccappolo completed a post-doctoral fellowship in Environmental and Occupational Health from UMDNJ, where she was involved in the study of the cognitive and psychological effects of Gulf War Syndrome as well as the effects of exposure to various toxins. She also completed a research fellowship in aging and dementia within the Cognitive Neuroscience division of Columbia University Medical Center during which time she studied the acquisition of language disorders. She was appointed to the faculty of the Department of Neurology of Columbia University in 2003.
Dr. Caccappolo is an active clinical researcher who has authored numerous book chapters and peer-reviewed articles on the neuropsychological profiles associated with a variety of neurological disorders including early onset Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Her current research interests include neuropsychological dysfunction following carotid endarterectomy and the cognitive profiles associated with donor iron deficiency. She is a member of APA Division 40 and the International Neuropsychological Society (INS), and serves as President of the New York Neuropsychology Group (NYNG).
- Department of Neurology
Division of Aging and Dementia
Areas of Expertise
Education & Training
- New School for Social Research, New York, NY
- Internship: Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Neurological Institute of New York710 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 305-2700
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-6939
- Neuropsychology Service
- Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-6939