Eliza C. Miller, MD
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Dr. Eliza Miller is Assistant Professor of Neurology in the Division of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease. She has a particular interest in women’s cerebrovascular health through all life stages, and is an expert in cerebrovascular complications of pregnancy and the postpartum period.
She has an outpatient practice seeing patients with stroke, brain hemorrhage, transient ischemic attack (“mini-stroke”), moyamoya disease, reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome, cerebral vasculitis, vascular dementia, and other cerebrovascular diseases. In addition, she is available for pre-conception consultations for women with a history of stroke who wish to become pregnant. For women who experience cerebrovascular complications during or after their pregnancies, Dr. Miller sees patients in collaboration with the Columbia Mothers Center, a multidisciplinary comprehensive center for the management of high risk pregnancies. She attends on the inpatient stroke service and is available for vascular neurology consultations for patients admitted to cardiology, surgery, high-risk obstetrics and other specialty services.
Dr. Miller’s research focuses on pregnancy-associated stroke and the cerebrovascular complications of preeclampsia. In collaboration with the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, she conducts clinical research exploring the epidemiology and pathophysiology of pregnancy-related stroke. She is a founding co-chair along with Dr. Kirsten Cleary (Maternal-Fetal Medicine) of the Preeclampsia Working Group, a multidisciplinary research collaborative at CUMC. She receives research support from the American Medical Association Foundation and from a National Institutes of Health StrokeNet Training Fellowship.
Dr. Miller graduated from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and completed internship in Internal Medicine and residency training in Neurology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. She subsequently completed fellowship training in Vascular Neurology at Columbia. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, and is an Assistant Editor of the International Stroke Early Career and Training Section (InterSECT) in the American Heart Association journal Stroke.
- Department of Neurology
Division of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease
Education & Training
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
CUMC/Neurological Institute of New York710 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-1710
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-1710