Sylvie Goldman, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Neuropsychology (in Neurology and the Gertrude H. Sergievsky Center)
Dr. Sylvie Goldman is a developmental psychologist specialized in the diagnosis of early developmental disorders, such as autism spectrum disorders and language and communication impairments. She obtained her degree in clinical psychology from the Université Libre de Bruxelles, where she specialized in cognitive and emotional disorders and child neuropsychological evaluation. She developed her expertise in language disorders at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, working in a large longitudinal project on language and communication disorders. Dr. Goldman gained her experience in early diagnosis during her 8 years of practice as a clinical psychologist at the McCarton Center for Developmental Pediatrics in Manhattan, where she performed comprehensive diagnostic evaluation of children ages from 8 months to 10 years.
She is certified in Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) and Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI -R) and administered cognitive, language, and behavioral testing batteries.
Selected testing instruments:
- Cognitive testing: Bayley, Wechsler, Stanford-Binet, Raven's
- Language testing: PPVT, E-ROWPT, CELF, CCC-2
- Behavioral: Vineland, BASC, SRS, SCQ, RBS-R
- Diagnostic: ADOS, ADI-R, CARS
Dr. Sylvie Goldman's research interests focus on repetitive behaviors and, more specifically, on motor stereotypies in children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Rett Syndrome. She has developed and published in peer reviews journals a video coding system to quantify and classify abnormal motor repetitive behaviors. She is also interested in motor control in young children with ASD, for which she is in the process of developing a battery of tests involving kinematic and video capture technologies to assess gait and postural control.
Dr. Goldman is also studying the effects of autism-related language disorders on the development of children's autobiographical memory. She investigates the relationship of particular social and communication deficits in ASD children on parent-child conversation.
Dr. Goldman's clinical research emphasis is on the effect of gender on the clinical diagnosis of ASD and the expression of its symptoms over time.
- Department of Neurology
Division of Child Neurology
Division of Cognitive Neuroscience
Areas of Expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Language Problems
- Learning Disabilities
(in addition to English)
Education & Training
- PhD, Graduate School of the City University of New York
ColumbiaDoctors West 86th Street21 West 86th Street
New York, NY 10024
- (646) 426-3876
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (646) 426-3876
- Neuropsychology Service
- Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider does not accept new patients
CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE AWARD (Federal Gov)
Jul 1 2016 - May 31 2021