Jay E. Selman, MD
- Professor of Clinical Pediatric Neurology
Dr. Jay Selman is Professor of Clinical Pediatric Neurology in the Division of Child Neurology / Department of Neurology at Columbia University Medical Center. He is also Chief of Neurology at Blythedale Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, New York.
Dr. Selman completed his undergraduate studies at Washington University (St Louis) and then an MS in Speech and Hearing Science at the Central Institute for the Deaf, Washington University (St. Louis). He graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (Dallas) and then completed residencies in Pedatrics and Neurology with a fellowship in Pediatric Neurology at Jacobi-Einstein- Montefiore Program (Bronx, NY). Dr. Selman also completed extensive EEG training at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Selman was in private practice in Westchester County and New York City for many years. During that time he was also on the faculties of New York Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, and Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Selman has worked at Blythedale Children’s Hospital since 2002 and has been Chief of Neurology since 2007.
Current research interests include the care and followup of children with Anti NMDA Receptor Encephalitis and the care of children with moderate to severe traumatic brain injury. He has presented research related to these areas of interest at national and international meetings. He has also developed a database registry for patients with autism.
Dr. Selman’s areas of clinical practice include headaches and migraines, autism, ADHD, developmental disabilities, concussions and head trauma, stroke, spasticity, cerebral palsy, tics and Tourette syndrome.
- Department of Neurology
Division of Division of Pediatric Neurology
- Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Clinical Neurophysiology
Areas of Expertise
- Tourette's Disorder
- Developmental Disorder
- Epileptic Seizures
- Brain Injury
(in addition to English)
Education & Training
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
ColumbiaDoctors West 86th Street21 West 86th Street
New York, NY 10024
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (646) 426-3876
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider sees pediatric patients
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (646) 426-3876