Philip De Jager, MD, PhD
- Professor of Neurology (in Neurology, the Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimerâ€™s Disease and the Aging Brain, and the Precision Medicine Initiative)
- Director, Center for Translational and Computational Neuro-Immunology
- Director, Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care and Research Center
Dr. Philip De Jager is professor of neurology (in the Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer's disease and the Aging Brain and the Columbia Precision Medicine Initiative). After graduating from Yale University with a degree in Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry, Dr. De Jager received a PhD in Neurogenetics from Rockefeller University and an MD from Cornell University Medical College, before completing his MMSc in Clinical Investigation at Harvard Medical School (HMS) and MIT. He served as a neurology resident in the Partners Neurology Residency Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He then joined the faculty at HMS, rising to the rank of associate professor before joining CUMC.
The goal of Dr. De Jager's work as a clinician-scientist is to apply modern methods of neuro-immunology, statistical genetics, and systems biology to the understanding of common neurodegenerative diseases. At CUMC, Dr. De Jager serves as chief of the Department of Neurology's Division of Neuro-Immunology, which focuses on characterizing and targeting the neuro-immunologic component of neurodegenerative disease. Dr. De Jager will also serve as director of a new Center for Translational & Computational Neuro-Immunology, and will also direct the Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care and Research Center.
- Department of Neurology
Division of Neuro-Immunology
CUMC/Neurological Institute of New York710 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare (NY)]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients