Sanda Carniciu, MD
- Assistant Professor of Neurology at CUMC
Dr. Carniciu received her medical degree and initial training in Neurology from Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi Romania. Stateside, she completed her residency at NYU Medical Center and her fellowship in Neuromuscular Disorders and Neurophysiology at Weill Cornell Medical Center. Before joining Columbia, Dr. Carniciu was in private practice in Westchester County.
Dr. Carniciu welcomes new patients with a broad spectrum of neurological conditions including, numbness and neuropathic pain, muscle weakness, movement disorders, cervical and back pain, memory problems, dizziness, vertigo, headache, and stroke.
Dr. Sanda Carniciu sees all types of neurological conditions and has a special interest in neuromuscular disorders, peripheral and entrapment neuropathies, neck and back pain and radiculopathies.
Dr. Carniciu is specialized and has experience in performing EMG and nerve conduction studies.
- Department of Neurology
Division of Multispecialty Neurology
- Clinical Neurophysiology
Areas of Expertise
- Movement Disorders
- Muscle Weakness
- Neuropathic Pain
Education & Training
- MD, Bucharest University (Romania)
- Residency: New York University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Sleepy Hollow - 245 North Broadway245 North Broadway
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
- (914) 631-6888
- ColumbiaDoctors Neurology Sleepy Hollow
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Local 1199
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, EPO, HMO, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Honors & Awards
-New York Magazine Best Doctors (2007, 2014)
-Westchester Magazine Top Doctors (2001, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014)